Jun 24, 2008, 5:43 PM EDT
Press release follows, more later as warranted.
Ashburn, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have signed rookie defensive end Rob Jackson. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Jackson was the Redskins' seventh-round draft pick (242nd overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.In addition, the Redskins released defensive tackle J.T. Mapu.The Redskins have now signed four of their 10 picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Jackson (6-4, 259) totaled 61 career tackles and 6.5 sacks in two seasons at Kansas State. He earned honorable mention All-Big XII honors as a senior (25 tackles and two sacks) and was selected to play in the 2008 Hula Bowl. Jackson attended Fort Scott Community College (Kan.) in 2004 and 2005.
Mapu originally signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2008. He played college ball at the University of Tennesse
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Follow Us On Twitter
- Initial Trent Williams injury news is 'good,' per CSN source
- What should the Redskins do at running back?
- Effective in Detroit but lacking big plays, Kirk Cousins says 'I go where my reads take me'
- Did DeSean Jackson take a shot at Redskins' offense on Instagram?
- Redskins' loss leaves them in a muddled situation
- Need to Know: Redskins vs. Lions by the numbers—Two firsts for Rob Kelley
- After quiet day in Detroit, Redskins Pierre Garçon says 'we always try to go deep'
- Vernon Davis tells 60 minutes about investment that burned dozens of NFL players
- Redskins will watch injuries to key players on both sides of the ball
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - After near storybook ending, heartbreak in Detroit