Jun 24, 2008, 5:43 PM EDT
Press release follows, more later as warranted.
Ashburn, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have signed rookie defensive end Rob Jackson. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Jackson was the Redskins' seventh-round draft pick (242nd overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.In addition, the Redskins released defensive tackle J.T. Mapu.The Redskins have now signed four of their 10 picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Jackson (6-4, 259) totaled 61 career tackles and 6.5 sacks in two seasons at Kansas State. He earned honorable mention All-Big XII honors as a senior (25 tackles and two sacks) and was selected to play in the 2008 Hula Bowl. Jackson attended Fort Scott Community College (Kan.) in 2004 and 2005.
Mapu originally signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2008. He played college ball at the University of Tennesse
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Follow Us On Twitter
- CSN Mock Draft 4.0 - Where does Clowney go?
- Redskins elect not to carry over $1.3 million in cap space
- Possible free agents for Skins (VIDEO)
- Redskins Nation 18 Plays (VIDEO)
- Report: Redskins 'leading contender' for Sproles
- Free agency primer: Defensive players Redskins fan should know
- Riley a potential free agent bust
- Redskins interested in Byrd but asking price may be prohibitive
- Free agency primer: Offensive players Redskins fans should know
- Can the Redskins fill defensive needs from within?