Jun 24, 2008, 5:43 PM EDT
Press release follows, more later as warranted.
Ashburn, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have signed rookie defensive end Rob Jackson. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Jackson was the Redskins' seventh-round draft pick (242nd overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.In addition, the Redskins released defensive tackle J.T. Mapu.The Redskins have now signed four of their 10 picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Jackson (6-4, 259) totaled 61 career tackles and 6.5 sacks in two seasons at Kansas State. He earned honorable mention All-Big XII honors as a senior (25 tackles and two sacks) and was selected to play in the 2008 Hula Bowl. Jackson attended Fort Scott Community College (Kan.) in 2004 and 2005.
Mapu originally signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2008. He played college ball at the University of Tennesse
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Playbook: How serious is Jamison Crowder's injury situation?
- Need to Know: Numbers game on Redskins O-line is taking shape
- Demaryius Thomas to Josh Norman: Where's your Super Bowl ring?
- Josh Norman on increased attention: I'm no longer the underdog
- Redskins RB Matt Jones on shoulder rehab: I'm making big strides
- Jay Gruden: Josh Doctson may play in Redskins' opening game
- Joe Theismann reacts to RG3 tattoo, points out he's 'not even divorced yet'
- Starbucks butchered Redskins rookie Su'a Cravens name so bad he now uses a pseudonym
- Jones says he's feeling better, praises Redskins' other running backs
- Reports: Cowboys' Dez Bryant suffers concussion, will miss preseason game