Jun 24, 2008, 5:43 PM EST
Press release follows, more later as warranted.
Ashburn, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have signed rookie defensive end Rob Jackson. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Jackson was the Redskins' seventh-round draft pick (242nd overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.In addition, the Redskins released defensive tackle J.T. Mapu.The Redskins have now signed four of their 10 picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Jackson (6-4, 259) totaled 61 career tackles and 6.5 sacks in two seasons at Kansas State. He earned honorable mention All-Big XII honors as a senior (25 tackles and two sacks) and was selected to play in the 2008 Hula Bowl. Jackson attended Fort Scott Community College (Kan.) in 2004 and 2005.
Mapu originally signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2008. He played college ball at the University of Tennesse
Sent via Empower HTML Mail Viewer For BlackBerry
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Follow Us On Twitter
- Weighing the worth of the Skins' draft pick
- Redskins' D-line depth chart is in flux
- Newest Redskin asks what '#HTTR' means, Twitter responds
- An hour after letting Cofield go, Redskins cut veteran DE
- Redskins re-sign starting offensive tackle
- Redskins cut veteran nose tackle day after signing Jean-Francois
- ICYMI: Llamas, that is all.
- Redskins free agent fits: Outside linebacker
- Are the Redskins working towards an Orakpo return?
- Redskins stay or go: DE Jarvis Jenkins