Jun 20, 2008, 10:13 PM EDT
The press release is below. The release of Eubanks is kind of surprising as he did a decent job at dime back after Rogers went out last year.
More later today.
The Redskins have signed rookie safety Kareem Moore, the team announced on Friday.
Moore was one of three sixth-round picks by the Redskins in last April’s NFL Draft.
To make room for Moore on the roster, the Redskins released cornerback John Eubanks.
Moore, 5-11 and 213 pounds, had arthroscopic knee surgery on April 29. He was sidelined for the Redskins’ off-season workouts. “Kareem may not be ready until the second week of training camp, but we expect him to play in some preseason games,” head coach Jim Zorn said. “It may not be until the third or fourth [preseason game], but we expect him to play.”
In 21 games at Nicholls State, Moore started 17 contests and recorded 141 tackles (81 solo), six pass deflections and five interceptions for 166 return yards and two touchdowns. His 149 yards gained on interception returns in 2007 broke the school single season record held since 1981.
Before landing at Nicholls State, Moore had stints at the University of Mississippi, Itawamba Community College and McNeese State. Moore attended Okolona High School in Mississippi
Follow Us On Twitter
- Starbucks butchered Redskins rookie Su'a Cravens name so bad he now uses a pseudonym
- Jones says he's feeling better, praises Redskins' other running backs
- Reports: Cowboys' Dez Bryant suffers concussion, will miss preseason game
- Redskins Playbook: Battle for running back reps is on
- Redskins’ left guard competition still undecided
- Need to Know: Gruden looking for 'positive vibes' in Redskins' remaining preseason games
- Chris Cooley: Colt McCoy is a top 32 NFL quarterback
- Josh Norman says Roger Goodell ‘horrible,’ defends Redskins name
- Trent Williams ready for 'huge test' Friday night against the Bills
- Where does Kirk Cousins rank among starting NFL QBs