Jun 15, 2008, 1:51 PM EDT
Consider this statement from columnist David Haugh on Chicago Sports.com:
“I know that the mini-camps and OTAs resemble flag football more than the real thing, but Brandon Lloyd and Devin Hester have looked like the most legitimate, dangerous NFL wide receivers the Bears have.
Hester always drops mouths with his explosion, but Lloyd has lived up to his billing as a great practice player. If that trend continues once the pads go on July 24, Mark Bradley may go from being the guy the team thought could be its No. 1 wideout to someone just hoping to make the roster.”
There are several ways to go with this. The first is to wonder where Haugh heard that Lloyd was a great practice player. Huh? He must have talked to the same people that convinced Joe Gibbs and the Washington Redskins to part with eight figures in guaranteed money and a couple of draft picks to land this loser.
Lloyd and “legitimate, dangerous NFL wide receiver” in the same sentence? I thought legit receivers caught more than 23 balls when staring a whole season. I thought a dangerous receiver actually had to catch a touchdown pass.
I generally don’t make predictions, but if Lloyd and Hester are the Bears’ #1 and #2 receivers next year, the Bears won’t win five games.
The Brandon Lloyd of whom Haugh writes is a different one than the one who made indifference and nonchalance art forms in Ashburn, the one with the work ethic of an ADD high school sophomore. Maybe there are two Brandon Lloyds and the one in Chicago is the Bizarro version of the one who made half-assed efforts to prevent interceptions.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Draft dominates week's top five Redskins posts
- Riggo on the Range: Southern fried bass (VIDEO)
- Redskins' LB Brian Orakpo encouraged by scheme tweaks
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)
- OPEN THREAD: RG3 back in old form?
- Chris Baker happy to be back with the Redskins (VIDEO)
- Brian Orakpo previews 2014 defense(VIDEO)