Jan 11, 2007, 12:48 AM EDT
Sometimes the best deals are the ones that you don’t make. One in that category certainly would be any trade that removes Clinton Portis from the Redskins roster. It’s good to know that Ladell Betts can tote the rock, but he isn’t the home run threat that Portis is and you’d like your prime back to put the ball on the ground less often than he does. During the playoff run last year Portis was the heart, soul, and guts of an offense playing with one wide receiver and a gimpy, limp-armed quarterback. Washington goes nowhere without him. Even if you were inclined to trade him you couldn’t get anywhere near full value for him coming off of two injuries. Look around the league, you’ll find plenty of very productive RB tandems like Jones and Barber in Dallas, Jones and Benson in Chicago, Bush and McAllister in New Orleans, and Addia and Rhodes in Indy.
You can read the rest of this blog at its new home at http://blog.redskinsgames.com
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins view DeSean Jackson as their first-round pick
- Nick Foles on DeSean Jackson: 'He was a great teammate to me'
- Who will replace Fletcher in the middle for the Redskins?
- Draft dominates week's top five Redskins posts
- Riggo on the Range: Southern fried bass (VIDEO)
- Redskins' LB Brian Orakpo encouraged by scheme tweaks
- Top 5: Skins already looking ahead to 2015 free agents?
- CSN's Redskins draft board: Tight end
- Need to Know: The five best Redskins performances of the last 20 seasons
- RG3, DeSean Jackson share a night out on the town (PHOTO)