Jan 10, 2007, 8:48 PM EST
Sometimes the best deals are the ones that you don’t make. One in that category certainly would be any trade that removes Clinton Portis from the Redskins roster. It’s good to know that Ladell Betts can tote the rock, but he isn’t the home run threat that Portis is and you’d like your prime back to put the ball on the ground less often than he does. During the playoff run last year Portis was the heart, soul, and guts of an offense playing with one wide receiver and a gimpy, limp-armed quarterback. Washington goes nowhere without him. Even if you were inclined to trade him you couldn’t get anywhere near full value for him coming off of two injuries. Look around the league, you’ll find plenty of very productive RB tandems like Jones and Barber in Dallas, Jones and Benson in Chicago, Bush and McAllister in New Orleans, and Addia and Rhodes in Indy.
You can read the rest of this blog at its new home at http://blog.redskinsgames.com
Follow Us On Twitter
- Fred Smoot knows how to fix the Redskins
- Fantasy Fix: Should fantasy owners embrace Cousins?
- 3 & Out: Kirk Cousins takes over
- Redskins players ready to go with Kirk Cousins
- Redskins' Cousins: 'I just need to get ready to go'
- Shanahan: I should have pulled RG3 vs Seattle
- Shanahan: Of course RG3 wants to play
- Combative Shanahan addresses his future, benching RG3
- RG3 did not talk with Dan Snyder (VIDEO)
- Shanahan talked to Snyder, Allen before sitting RG3