Jan 6, 2007, 3:48 AM EDT
The autopsies on the Redskins season, which suffered a premature death, are rolling in from many different sources. The Post did a three-part series covering the personnel acquisition system (or lack thereof), the failure of Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders mesh their offensive philosophies, and the collapse of Gregg Williams’ defense. Thom Loverro at the Times came up with his six-point plan for turning it around and here at WarpathInsiders.com we’ve had John Keim and Rick Snider pipe in with their suggestions. In short, it’s been a week-long Redskins bashing festival. Even some Redskins themselves have taken their shots as Chris Cooley and Clinton Portis have given radio interviews that were not the usual “I’m just the player, the coaches make the decisions” player interview fare. The steady diet of negativity has pushed many members of Redskins nation into the depths of despair, wondering how the team is ever going to become competitive again.
To read to rest of this post, go to this blog’s new home at Blog.RedskinsGames.com.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line
- With injuries at cornerback, Fuller is the next man up for the Redskins
- Will DeAngelo Hall return to the Redskins in 2017?
- A lucky win for the Redskins? Or were Giants lucky to be in it?
- Need to Know: Redskins 29, Giants 27 by the numbers
- MRI reveals Redskins' DeAngelo Hall has completely torn ACL
- Su'a Cravens channels Chappelle Show in perfect postgame tweet after Redskins win
- Jamison Crowder drops Giants special-teamer with obscene juke