Jan 6, 2007, 3:48 AM EST
The autopsies on the Redskins season, which suffered a premature death, are rolling in from many different sources. The Post did a three-part series covering the personnel acquisition system (or lack thereof), the failure of Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders mesh their offensive philosophies, and the collapse of Gregg Williams’ defense. Thom Loverro at the Times came up with his six-point plan for turning it around and here at WarpathInsiders.com we’ve had John Keim and Rick Snider pipe in with their suggestions. In short, it’s been a week-long Redskins bashing festival. Even some Redskins themselves have taken their shots as Chris Cooley and Clinton Portis have given radio interviews that were not the usual “I’m just the player, the coaches make the decisions” player interview fare. The steady diet of negativity has pushed many members of Redskins nation into the depths of despair, wondering how the team is ever going to become competitive again.
To read to rest of this post, go to this blog’s new home at Blog.RedskinsGames.com.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Pulse: Reaction to RG3's benching
- Shanahan expected to bench RG3, start Cousins
- Other Redskins 'distractions' minor compared to this
- OPEN THREAD: How will RG3 react?
- Shanahan, RG3 press conference LIVE on CSN at 1:30 p.m.
- Redskins' Cousins ready to play if asked
- Redskins promote RB Jawan Jamison to 53-man roster
- Report: Snyder won't interfere in QB switch
- Shanahan says he's bracing for more controversy
- Cofield didn't see preferential treatment for RG3