Oct 31, 2006, 12:59 AM EDT
at Philadelphia (4-4)—The Eagles had an embarrassing offensive performance at home against Jacksonville and they will have had two weeks to try to figure out how to fix it. Loss 3-6
at Tampa Bay (2-5)—This could be one of the ugliest games ever—or at least since the Redskins’ last trip there for last year’s playoff game. Win 4-6
vs. Carolina (4-4)—This just in—the Panthers aren’t that good. They could be considered the second-biggest bust in the NFC after the Redskins. Look for a game at FedEx like the one against the Jaguars with the team that has the ball last pulling out a win. The Skins get it last again. Win 5-6
vs. Atlanta (5-2)—Donovan McNabb has always given the Redskins fits and Mike Vick is turning into McNabb only he’s faster, more elusive, and he has a better arm. And, unlike McNabb’s, his team can run the ball. Loss 5-7
vs. Philadelphia (4-4)—After facing Vick, McNabb will be a cinch to deal with. The Eagles’ unwillingness and/or inability to run the ball will kill them in December. Win 6-7
at New Orleans (5-2)—The early wave of emotion that carried the Saints early in the season has been slowed considerably by the fact that they just don’t have very many good football players. Win 7-7.
at St. Louis (4-3)—The Rams still should be in contention in the mediocre NFC West at this point and that dome is a very tough place to win. Still, the Redskins find a way to get it done. Win 8-7
vs. New York Giants (5-2)—The Redskins don’t match up well with the New York and, assuming that the Giants remain reasonably healthy between now and then, the season will end with the Redskins at .500. Loss 8-8.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'
- Redskins G Shawn Lauvao is progressing, but can he reclaim his starting job?
- Need to Know: Is Jackson's absence from some Redskins OTAs an issue?