Mar 15, 2006, 12:25 AM EST
Update: On the evening news in DC, George Michael said that the Redskins assured him that the rumor was completely bogus and that the Redskins no longer have any interest in acquiring John Abraham.
With many other area TV reporters such a report might not spike the rumors completely, but that’s not the case here. Michael is no lion of journalism or anything, but he is well connected to the Redskins. He hosts Joe Gibbs’ weekly TV show during the season and while all of the other TV types are sweating on the track during training camp practices, Michael is over on the other side of the field with Snyder and Jurgy.
One can say with confidence that the deal is dead unless something changes drastically.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Breakout potential: Can Dustin Hopkins become a top kicker?
- Should the Redskins re-sign Darrel Young?
- Could Matt Forte be a fit for the Ravens or Redskins?
- The Redskins week that was—rebuilding the defense
- Report: Final hurdle cleared ahead of RG3's expected release
- RG3 gets birthday wishes from Terrance Knighton - complete with big hit
- Do the Redskins need to find new returners in 2016?
- Have the Redskins found the answer at right tackle?
- NBC10: No warrant expected for LeSean McCoy until next week
- For Redskins and Cousins no news is good news