Mar 15, 2006, 12:25 AM EST
Update: On the evening news in DC, George Michael said that the Redskins assured him that the rumor was completely bogus and that the Redskins no longer have any interest in acquiring John Abraham.
With many other area TV reporters such a report might not spike the rumors completely, but that’s not the case here. Michael is no lion of journalism or anything, but he is well connected to the Redskins. He hosts Joe Gibbs’ weekly TV show during the season and while all of the other TV types are sweating on the track during training camp practices, Michael is over on the other side of the field with Snyder and Jurgy.
One can say with confidence that the deal is dead unless something changes drastically.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Did Giants show how to stop Redskins' rushing attack?
- Need to Know: A look at 5 Redskins numbers
- (VIDEO) Mike Shanahan continues coaching and evaluating
- (VIDEO) Should fantasy owners start Alfred Morris?
- Chiefs' Poe could give Redskins big problems
- Redskins TE Jordan Reed listed as questionable
- Point-Counterpoint: Biggest surprise, disappointment
- Game preview: Chiefs at Redskins
- Shanahan changes his tune on Garçon kick
- Need to Know: The top five Redskins free agents