Mar 14, 2006, 8:25 PM EDT
Update: On the evening news in DC, George Michael said that the Redskins assured him that the rumor was completely bogus and that the Redskins no longer have any interest in acquiring John Abraham.
With many other area TV reporters such a report might not spike the rumors completely, but that’s not the case here. Michael is no lion of journalism or anything, but he is well connected to the Redskins. He hosts Joe Gibbs’ weekly TV show during the season and while all of the other TV types are sweating on the track during training camp practices, Michael is over on the other side of the field with Snyder and Jurgy.
One can say with confidence that the deal is dead unless something changes drastically.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins bringing in another pass rusher?
- Report: Redskins to meet with recently cut Saints standout
- Looking at McCloughan's impact heading into training camp
- Tarik El-Bashir on what to expect from rookies at Redskins training camp
- Insider Tarik El-Bashir on Ryan Kerrigan's contract extension
- Kerrigan explains how CSN helped Sharknado role happen
- Gruden wants a Redskins locker room "full of Ryan Kerrigans"
- Gruden doesn't care for your unnamed sources
- Gruden hopes Kerrigan will continue to improve with new contract
- Kerrigan first Redskins first rounder extended since Chris Samuels