Mar 14, 2006, 8:25 PM EST
Update: On the evening news in DC, George Michael said that the Redskins assured him that the rumor was completely bogus and that the Redskins no longer have any interest in acquiring John Abraham.
With many other area TV reporters such a report might not spike the rumors completely, but that’s not the case here. Michael is no lion of journalism or anything, but he is well connected to the Redskins. He hosts Joe Gibbs’ weekly TV show during the season and while all of the other TV types are sweating on the track during training camp practices, Michael is over on the other side of the field with Snyder and Jurgy.
One can say with confidence that the deal is dead unless something changes drastically.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Week 12 fantasy rankings: Alarming Jonas Gray news; sneaky sleeper start
- Fantasy Fix, Redskins-49ers: Mining for offense
- RG3, Redskins begin a critical stetch in San Francisco
- Pros, cons, and X factors: Redskins vs. 49ers prediction
- Opponents adjusting to Redskins' defense well before halftime
- McVay on RG3: 'There’s been a lot of distractions'
- Gruden hopes RG3 improves soon: 'We don't have a lot of time'
- Gruden on drama: 'It wasn’t a distraction'
- Redskins' Baker, Reed out vs. 49ers; Williams questionable
- Redskins defense not helping itself with interceptions