Mar 14, 2006, 8:25 PM EDT
Update: On the evening news in DC, George Michael said that the Redskins assured him that the rumor was completely bogus and that the Redskins no longer have any interest in acquiring John Abraham.
With many other area TV reporters such a report might not spike the rumors completely, but that’s not the case here. Michael is no lion of journalism or anything, but he is well connected to the Redskins. He hosts Joe Gibbs’ weekly TV show during the season and while all of the other TV types are sweating on the track during training camp practices, Michael is over on the other side of the field with Snyder and Jurgy.
One can say with confidence that the deal is dead unless something changes drastically.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Does the Redskins' free agent strategy signal a change in direction?
- 2014 NFL free agency tracker
- NFL free agency Day 1 recap
- Options remain at safety for the Redskins
- OPEN THREAD: Talib? No. Byrd? Who is left?
- How important is free agency to the Redskins? (VIDEO)
- Aqib Talib signs with Denver for 6-year, $57 million
- Five notes on the Redskins' Tuesday signings
- A restrained, yet productive, start for Redskins
- Andre Roberts "elated" to join the Redskins