Jan 20, 2006, 6:36 PM EDT
For Immediate Release
Contact: Rich Tandler email@example.com
Unique Redskins Book is Back in Print
The return of the Redskins to the elite of the NFL has spurred the comeback of a Redskins classic.
The Redskins From A to Z, Volume 1: The Games is being reprinted. This unique book chronicles every game the Redskins played from their arrival in Washington in 1937 through the 2001 season. Fans can find information about buying the book by going to www.redskinsgames.com.
If you’re a Redskins fan, you’ve got to have this book.
Author and publisher Rich Tandler says that the decision to make another print run of the book came directly as result of the team’s return to the NFL playoffs after a five-year absence.
“Naturally, with the great play of the Redskins this year, there was a tremendous upswing in interest in all aspects of the team, including its history,” said Tandler. “All of a sudden people were coming out of the woodwork wanting to know everything they could about the Washington Redskins. Many of them had heard about The Redskins From A to Z, but for whatever reason they hadn’t bought it.”
For a while, they were out of luck. The first three printings of the book had sold out and Tandler wasn’t planning on printing any more copies anytime soon. That was before the number of requests for the book grew to a point where Tandler couldn’t continue to turn them down.
“I was very satisfied with how well the book had done,” said Tandler. “I figured that it had run its course and I’d wait a few years before updating and reprinting it. Little did I know that the team would finish the season so strong and start a whole new wave of interest in the book.”
Tandler cautions that those interested in getting their hands on the book had better act soon. The size of the printing run will be limited and the books will be distributed on a first-paid, first-served basis at www.RedskinsGames.com
Since its publication in 2002, the media members covering the Redskins have used the book as an invaluable aid in their research. “This book is a true gem for any Redskins fan,” said Steve Czaban of Fox Sports Radio and Sports Talk 980, “and the definitive last word when it comes to setline bar bets on Skins factoids you won’t find in any media guide!”
“Rich has captured the highlights of each game,” said John Keim of the Washington Examiner, “telling us more than just who scored. He just made my job easier when it comes to researching Redskins history.”
The Redskins From A to Z is still the only book that chronicles every game that any sports team, college or pro, has played.
“It was unique when it came out,” said Tandler. “And, as far is I know, there still is nothing like it out there. I’ve looked, I’ve asked, I’ve Googled, and I still haven’t found any other book that goes into the detail of every game a team has played.”
The book is available exclusively online at www.RedskinsGames.com
You can contact Rich Tandler by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Redskins key to the game—A big day from Cousins
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Duke Ihenacho opens up about playing time and Mexican food
- Redskins' Josh Norman planning celebration that puts NFL in awkward spot
- Injury report: Cravens a full go in practice but status for game still uncertain
- Redskins one of the best in NFL at preventing long plays
- Redskins without two key offensive players at Thursday's practice
- A few plays here and there could have led to different results for the Redskins
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins shuts down report he's affected by criticism: 'Not accurate'
- DeAngelo Hall appreciates Brian Mitchell's response to Stephen A. Smith on Redskins comments
- Kirk Cousins has apparently never said a bad word in front of Jay Gruden