Jan 14, 2006, 8:46 PM EDT
FG Brown 33 Seahawks 17, Redskins 3
Well, there is still some pulse there for the Redskins, but we’re rapidly slipping into miracle territory here. Seattle can do the old West Coast offense trick of using the short passing game in the place of the running game and burn the clock.
They forgot to cover Chris Cooley. You sometimes heed a few sub-miracles to make up a big one and that could have been one of them.
Brunell 20 pass to Moss (Hall kick) Seahawks 17, Redskins 10
A slightly larger miracle there. Deflection to Moss, touchdown. Take ‘em any way you can get ‘em.
No miracle there, just a textbook stick for the fumble and recovery by Hall.
Bad time for Hall to miss his first one this year inside of 40. A three and out keeps the momentum on the Redskins’ side.
A big third down and five here with five and ahalf to go. A stop and the Redskins have a shot. A pickup and it’s back to miracle stage.
Mack Strong kills you. Great play call by Holmgren or audible by Hasselbeck, whichever it was.
Brown FG 31 Seahawks 20, Redskins 10
We’re back to utter miracle here and there really isn’t much time for it to be built on smaller ones.
I hate to repeat myself, but boy, was that a bad time for Hall to miss. That could haunt them the rest of the offseason if they are able to punch it in during the last minute. Of course, Seattle is probably playing defense differently if it’s a one-score game.
Nope. A good call to go for the TD on fourth down, it almost works but Boulware recovered just in time to knock it away.
The Redskins had their opportunities here. If they can get some kind of score on that third-quarter drive that ended in the fourth-down sack of Brunell, maybe it’s a different game.
The Washington offense didn’t open up until they were behind and that’s something else that will be looked back on as the offseason.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring