Jan 7, 2006, 8:42 PM EDT
This game is being placed squarely on the shoulders of the defense, evidently. If they tackle like Walt Harris did when he had Williams for a five-yard loss but let him get away, that’s a shaky proposition.
Time for the D to step up here on fourth down. Let’s see.
That was a rather cocky call by Gruden there on the fourth down play. Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call for the offense. A grinding field goal drive is in order here.
Not a three and out. Again, it’s in the hands of the defense. They haven’t let them down so far, but it’s getting scarier each time.
The Bucs burned a timeout before that fourth-down play, so they only have two left. A couple of first downs on the ground will go a long way towards salting this one away.
That’s going to be an incomplete pass, it has to be. What the official said was exactly what you see on replay, he starting losing control on the way down.
Play upheld, Bucs use their last time out and it’s fourth down and ten.
Really glad that the Skins won’t be facing Edell Shepherd the rest of the year.
If Derrick Frost kicks it anywhere near Galloway, he should be fined his game check.
Take that back. Fine him his game check for that 14-yard punt. That’s picking your poison, I guess.
Marcus Washington is poison to Simms and the Bucs. Hail to the Redskins!
Survive and advance.
Follow Us On Twitter
- What do sports books think of Doctson's chances to win Rookie of the Year?
- After 2016 NFL Draft, Redskins Super Bowl odds shift for next season
- 3 things to know about Redskins third round pick Kendall Fuller
- McCloughan: 'Genetic freak' Vernon Davis ready to go
- Josh Norman has a simple mantra on the field: 'Seek and destroy'
- Redskins announce jersey numbers for draftees, free agents
- 3 things to know about Redskins second round pick Su'a Cravens
- McCloughan says he prefers low-mileage running backs
- McCloughan may use extra 2017 picks to deal for players this year
- McCloughan reveals where the Redskins will line up Cravens in base defense