Jan 1, 2006, 6:49 PM EDT
It seems like very time you look up, the Eagles are nearing midfield. They are winning the field position battle and that helps their handicapped offense. Landetta is still one of the best in the business while Frost is hit or miss.
You don’t need me to tell you that Brunell is struggling on his throws. He just can’t plant properly on his right leg, the one with the injured knee, and his throws just don’t have enough on them to get it in to receivers that don’t have a lot of separation. The Washington defense is going to have to make a play soon for the Redskins to take the momentum back. They don’t really even need a turnover, although that would be nice. A simple three and out would be of great help.
A horrible call by the officials on the pass interference, but that was a horrible defensive series by the Redskins on top of it. The call cost them four points, but if they keep on making McMahon look like Manning they’ll be home next week. Their best play in the series was when McMahon fell down, giving Marcus Washington the easiest sack he’ll ever get. The defense needs to wake up now or they’ll be able to sleep in next week.
I was wonder why Brunell kept on throwing to Thrash. It’s because the Eagles are so afraid of Moss that Thrash eventually had to be open. That third and 11 conversion may prove to be the play of the game.
On third and one, why not go to Mike Sellers again? They probably still won’t cover him.
Getting a field goal there was a letdown, especially after Portis gained six on first down.
Marcus Washington is money.
An ugly first half by and large for the Redskins, a lot like the first half in Arizona a few weeks ago. All they need is to go in and make some halftime adjustments defensively, keep pounding the ball to Portis offensively, and sneak out of town with a win and a playoff spot.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Loss to Ryan’s Eagles spurred Gibbs, Redskins to last title
- Need to Know: Ranking the Redskins' rookies—Who will have the most impact in 2016?
- Kirk Cousins talks hand size, marvels at Russell Wilson
- Report: Former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan to host Donald Trump fundraiser
- 'Full steam ahead' - Kirk Cousins focused on football, not contracts
- Redskins position preview: Outside linebackers
- Red zone, 3rd improvement will be hard to come by for Redskins' offense
- Need to Know: The top five defenses the Redskins will face in 2016
- Redskins brass gets photo with Axl Rose at Guns n' Roses show
- Redskins position preview: Inside linebackers