Dec 11, 2005, 8:10 PM EDT
Good punt by Frost; in that three-game losing streak he had a tendency to get off a weak one under such circumstances.
That was great timing for the first three and out of the game by the Cardinals, and they looked bad doing it. We’ll see if the commitment to the run shown on that first drive of the half pays dividends here. The possibility of Portis popping one through the line and going for a big play is pretty good here. I’ll will say it now, he’s been close a couple of times. Regardless of that, three first downs, no matter how they are obtained, probably clinches it for the Redskins.
Well, the Redskins had a first and five and couldn’t get a first down. Thanks to another good punt by Frost, the Cardinals will have a long way to travel. Still, with Warner and company able to eat up big chunks of yardage at once, it’s best to keep the off the field altogether.
The Cards did get some field position on that pass to Boldin, but good job to get them to punt. This time, for sure, a few first downs puts this one away.
How many times are they Cardinals going to be allowed to pick up five yards on first down on that little draw play?
We see the Taylor intimidation factor in full force there as Arrington shrinks like a schoolgirl as Taylor approaches in the open field.
Excellent play call by Gibbs to go with the pass when the run hasn’t been working the past two series. I think that the Cards have two timeouts left, so another first down will be needed to be able to run out the clock.
Who says Clinton Portis is just a scat back? He was dead and the Redskins were punting, but he kept churning and churning and got the yardage for the first.
At first glance, Antonio Brown has to get the game ball as the MVP as his return was the last score of the game. Portis, though, had a great game, and the defense, again, came up big.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'
- Redskins G Shawn Lauvao is progressing, but can he reclaim his starting job?
- Need to Know: Is Jackson's absence from some Redskins OTAs an issue?
- No brawl, just competition between Josh Norman and Kirk Cousins
- Kirk Cousins is comfortable taking 'ownership' of Redskins' offense now
- Redskins teammates already putting Jordan Reed in elite class
- Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson held out of OTAs