Dec 11, 2005, 5:46 PM EDT
I hate games in Arizona. Let me get that out of the way before kickoff.
Huh? What was the penalty on that first play? Can’t be sure if the sack counted or not or if the play would have stood if the Redskins had recovered the fumble.
It’s not quite like a game at FedEx, but you can hear a strong Redskins contingent at Sun Devil Stadium. A very audible cheer was heard after a stop for a loss by Griffin and after Sean Taylor jumped all over Warner’s pass to get an interception. You can even hear the “Coooooley!” cheer after the H-Back catches a pass.
Another turnover for a safety as Prioleau gets the defender’s triple play with the sack, strip, and fumble recovery. Taylor was in the backfield, too, so obviously it’s no holds barred on putting heat on Warner. If they don’t protect him better somebody’s going to get the grand slam today (Triple play plus returning the fumble for a TD).
I don’t know if it’s a record, but I can say that I’ve never seen an NFL game stat with five thrnovers on the first five possessions. The Skins need to cash this one in for six or it could be a long day. They need more production out of three possessions down there.
Did I mention that I hate games in Arizona?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Facebook Live pres. by Paisano's: Previewing London with Ryan Kerrigan
- Redskins vs. Bengals: London game time, TV channel, how to watch
- NFC East: Admitted domestic abuser Josh Brown released by Giants
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant
- NFC East Update: Redskins loss in Detroit might prove costly as Eagles beat Vikings
- Jay Gruden understands Redskins D-line complaints: They don't get paid to backpedal
- Bigger workloads for Redskins' Thompson, Kelley easier said than done
- Need to Know: Last words on Redskins vs. Lions—It just wasn't Washington's day
- Stephen A. Smith mocks Redskins again after loss to Lions
- Redskins injury report: Team will monitor Williams, Scherff