Dec 11, 2005, 9:46 PM EDT
I hate games in Arizona. Let me get that out of the way before kickoff.
Huh? What was the penalty on that first play? Can’t be sure if the sack counted or not or if the play would have stood if the Redskins had recovered the fumble.
It’s not quite like a game at FedEx, but you can hear a strong Redskins contingent at Sun Devil Stadium. A very audible cheer was heard after a stop for a loss by Griffin and after Sean Taylor jumped all over Warner’s pass to get an interception. You can even hear the “Coooooley!” cheer after the H-Back catches a pass.
Another turnover for a safety as Prioleau gets the defender’s triple play with the sack, strip, and fumble recovery. Taylor was in the backfield, too, so obviously it’s no holds barred on putting heat on Warner. If they don’t protect him better somebody’s going to get the grand slam today (Triple play plus returning the fumble for a TD).
I don’t know if it’s a record, but I can say that I’ve never seen an NFL game stat with five thrnovers on the first five possessions. The Skins need to cash this one in for six or it could be a long day. They need more production out of three possessions down there.
Did I mention that I hate games in Arizona?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Andre Roberts on WRs: 'We all want to have the 1,000-yard season'
- Will Gruden's scheme make Morris a dual-threat RB? (VIDEO)
- Does Redskins rookie have worst haircut in the NFL? (VIDEO)
- Redskins Coach Jay Gruden cuts practice short
- Jay Gruden says kicking competition is an ongoing process
- NFL adopts zero tolerance for verbal abuse
- Redskins' final roster selection an ongoing process
- Redskins practice report, Day 7: Focus on details
- Morris hopes Jackson's speed helps Redskins' run game, too
- Alfred Morris is a fan of contact during training camp