Nov 13, 2005, 11:36 PM EDT
Turnabout. The Redskins finally get an opponent’s fumble (they’ve now recovered three of 17 by the opposition this year). Not only that, they take full, eight-point advantage of it. Sellers with great YAC, albeit only two or three of them, and Portis with a superb effort to reel in Brunell’s pass that was almost a little too cute. It’s a new game at 21-21.
Back to the fumble that set up the touchdown–it’s amazing the Joe Salave’a can walk, much less be running around in an NFL backfield, forcing fumbles and making tackles for losses. He’s got that planter’s wart and it’s pain that would have any of us calling out sick from our office jobs. It’s just not going to get better until the end of the season. If he continues to make plays like that, he won’t get his rest until late in January, if not later.
The Redskins have an opportunity here, after the Tampa punt, to seize control of the game with Portis. A ground-based drive to a go-ahead score would be a big psychological blow to the Bucs and the now-loud crowd.
Or one keyed by a long pass to Santana Moss will work just fine, too. If at first it gets called back by holding, try, try again. If all goes according to the way a solid team should as it’s fighting for first place in the division, a three and out by the Bucs will ensue here and the Redskins will have a shot at salting this one away. If.
Well, I guess the Redskins are a little ways away from being a solid team. Two third and longs given up, you just can’t do that. The blitzers are becoming blocker-seeking missiles coming from all angles and it’s not disrupting Simms’ timing in the least. It’s up to the offense now.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Doctson on joining Redskins: 'I'm happy and ready to get to work'
- Doctson may not start in 2016 but should have major role
- "The more the merrier:" Redskins players welcome another wideout
- Redskins address longterm need in elite WR with Doctson pick
- Redskins go offense in first round, take TCU WR Josh Doctson
- NFC East Outlook: Giants take CB Apple. How does it affect Redskins?
- NFC East Outlook: What Elliott to the Cowboys means for Redskins
- NFC East Outlook: What Wentz to Eagles means for Washington
- PHOTO: Redskins CB Josh Norman meets Nats star Bryce Harper
- Report: Reggie Ragland has enlarged aorta, could fall in draft