Nov 13, 2005, 11:36 PM EDT
Turnabout. The Redskins finally get an opponent’s fumble (they’ve now recovered three of 17 by the opposition this year). Not only that, they take full, eight-point advantage of it. Sellers with great YAC, albeit only two or three of them, and Portis with a superb effort to reel in Brunell’s pass that was almost a little too cute. It’s a new game at 21-21.
Back to the fumble that set up the touchdown–it’s amazing the Joe Salave’a can walk, much less be running around in an NFL backfield, forcing fumbles and making tackles for losses. He’s got that planter’s wart and it’s pain that would have any of us calling out sick from our office jobs. It’s just not going to get better until the end of the season. If he continues to make plays like that, he won’t get his rest until late in January, if not later.
The Redskins have an opportunity here, after the Tampa punt, to seize control of the game with Portis. A ground-based drive to a go-ahead score would be a big psychological blow to the Bucs and the now-loud crowd.
Or one keyed by a long pass to Santana Moss will work just fine, too. If at first it gets called back by holding, try, try again. If all goes according to the way a solid team should as it’s fighting for first place in the division, a three and out by the Bucs will ensue here and the Redskins will have a shot at salting this one away. If.
Well, I guess the Redskins are a little ways away from being a solid team. Two third and longs given up, you just can’t do that. The blitzers are becoming blocker-seeking missiles coming from all angles and it’s not disrupting Simms’ timing in the least. It’s up to the offense now.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Hall sets record straight on pizza-centric torn Achilles story
- Eagles lose linebacker to torn ACL for second straight year
- Gruden on Griffin: 'I feel like he's on a steady climb'
- Trent Williams contract talks still ongoing
- Redskins CB David Amerson suffers possible shoulder injury
- Diehard Redskins fan converts lawn into insane Redskins shrine
- DeSean Jackson might just be right when he says nobody can cover him
- 2015 Fantasy Football rankings: The top 100
- Shoulder injury likely to cost rookie full season
- Redskins practice report, Day 5: RG3 sharp in 2-minute work