Oct 30, 2005, 4:43 PM EST
Microscopic: Well, I said before the game that they might have to reinvent the quarterback rating system for Mark Brunell after this one. I was right, but in the wrong direction. At halftime his rating sits at a punt 19.3. Ever hear of no place to go but up?
Powerless: The Redskins had to know that they were going to hand it to Barber on first and 20 and that Shockey would be the main target on first and goal at the 10. Yet they were powerless to stop it, mere spectators. This defense hasn’t played this poorly, ever.
Bouncing the right way: Our old friend Chad Morton coughs it up on a punt return and it bounces right back to him. The Redskins can’t make a break and they can’t get one. They’re really run into a buzz saw today in every way.
Not sure: I don’t quite understand why the Giants are exposing Eli Manning to getting hit with a 26-0 lead, a running game that’s on a roll, and a Washington offense that’s dead in the water. Keep him in the game, sure, but don’t have him dropping back to pass two times in three downs.
Foreign territory: The Redskins take their initial snap in Giants territory on the last snap of the third quarter. Total domination.
Follow Us On Twitter
- New Redskins assistant Perry Fewell prefers DBs with specific build
- If Bucs release OT Collins, are the Redskins a fit?
- A major trade coming between Redskins and Eagles?
- Redskins stay or go: Safety Brandon Meriweather
- The Redskins aren't spending enough on player salaries--wait, what?
- Tandler looks at the best free agent RBs available for Redskins
- Gruden on what former Giants DC Perry Fewell will bring to Skins
- Gruden on what he learned in his 1st year as Redskins head coach
- Get to know new Redskins' O-line coach Bill Callahan
- Can the Redskins recreate the Hogs?