Oct 30, 2005, 6:52 PM EDT
You can reach me by email at WarpathInsiders@comcast.net
Rough start: It seemed like the Redskins were the ones that were too charged up on the first play. Sean Taylor took a bad angle and got caught inside on Barber’s long run.
Aggression pays off: Sending the Giants backwards after they got a first and goal was, obviously, huge. Once again, though, the ball was on the ground and the Redskins didn’t get it.
Jittery: A skittish start by the Redskin offense with a rare three and out. A dropped pass and a high pass, possibly a throwaway by Brunell, not the way to make a statement on the road.
Ineffective: After that initial sack, the Giants have been doing a great job of picking up the blitz. Manning has bee able to stand in and throw against a secondary without too many players in it. They’ve adjusted, now Gregg Williams will have to.
Danger zone: They’ve withstood New York’s initial offense burst giving up only three points. Now they have to be careful offensively, especially after the holding call on Samuels.
Dumb: Sean Taylor, dumb penalty. It cost the Redskins three points.
Take it: Still, with the Giants having the ball for 24 plays and about 12 minutes, you can’t be real upset at a 6-0 game.
Follow Us On Twitter
- NTK: The Redskins week that was—Moss' top five, final word on Cousins contract
- Kirk Cousins has same odds of winning 2016/17 NFL MVP as Mark Sanchez
- Longtime NFL coach Dennis Green dead at 67; honored by Redskins great
- Eight Redskins recognized for offseason work
- Josh Norman hopes Odell Beckham Jr. circled his calendar
- Colin Cowherd again trolls D.C. athlete - but this time it's Kirk Cousins
- Redskins release veteran linebacker Hayward
- OPEN THREAD: Examining ket stats to improve the Redskins run game
- Need to Know: Pressure is on Redskins' Scherff to perform at a high level very quickly
- Josh Norman to Odell Beckham: Don't know how to respond other than laugh