Oct 9, 2005, 6:52 PM EDT
Washington is a homecoming opponent again. Denver is installing two guys into its Hall of Fame or whatever they call it. I’m sure they were expecting an easy win. I trust that Gibbs and company pointed this out to the team.
Three consecutive three and outs for the Broncos. Nothing is working for them except for the fact that the Redskins can’t get a turnover out of Plummer’s shaky play. I’d like to say that it will happen sooner or later but the Redskins’ track record doesn’t give one much confidence in that statement.
I was just corrected, that was four straight three and outs. A fifth here, deep in Denver territory, would be most helpful.
I’ve got to think that the tuck rule will be invoked here. That was a textbook example. Heck, if I’m the Redskins I might challenge the call if Denver doesn’t. I’d rather have them punting with a rush from the end zone than getting a free kick from the 20.
If it’s a safety, I wonder if it counts as a three and out.
Denver is now out of challenges, although their second one was successful. Let’s see, can I spell pyric victory without spell check? Nope.
Those third-down conversions aren’t coming as easily this week as they were last week against Seattle. That was not a good sequence for the Redskins as they gave up field position in addition to not scoring points. You have to do one or the other.
You can’t hold ‘em down forever. It looked like a give-up almost, not wanting to let Plummer put it up in the air. But just like on the other, fourth-down run he got through the blitz and there was nobody there. Hopefully, this will wake up the Redskins’ offense. Plenty of time left.
Again, no field position advantage gained by the Redskins due to the intentional grounding and the poor punt by Frost. The Redskins may pay again.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Culliver excited to get started with Redskins' new-look defense
- Redskins veteran DeAngelo Hall is confident he'll start in 2015
- PFT Live: Rich Tandler talks Junior Galette and the Redskins
- RG3 on the difference between him now and when he was a rookie
- RG3 on how his new baby has changed his life
- RG3 says he and teammates are buying in to Gruden's offense
- Ryan Clark on Sean Taylor: 'He had all time great talent'
- RG3 on Gruden's plans to run the ball more in 2015
- Tarik's Training Camp Checklist: What to watch on Day 1