Oct 9, 2005, 7:46 PM EDT
Still plenty of time to overcome an 11-point deficit. I want them, though, to flash up on the screen what Shanahan’s record is when is team has a lead of 10+ points in the fourth quarter.
If the Redskins can get a turnover, they will win. If not, they won’t.
Ade Jimoh with a game-saving play on Lelie. Good job,.
That blocked punt could have the same effect as a turnover. Could, mind you, I still think the Skins will need a regulation takeaway if they’re going to take this one. But the blocked punt does improve the chances greatly.
Huge non-catch by Thrash on that punt. It would have been a tough catch in the rain and I’m not necessarily blaming him as it would have been very risky play to make. Still, Thrash does almost everything right and that wasn’t one of those plays.
Flags going the Redskins’ way. Not sure that they’ll be able to take advantage, but they’re being given—and given is the apt term here—some good opportunities.
Win or lose, the Redskins have shown their mettle in this game. Cliché time here—there ain’t an ounce of give-up in them.
A tipped ball away. 94 yards to score, they can’t get another two yards to tie it. Still in first place in the division, I think that before the year started anyone would take 3-1 at the quarter mark of the season.
Nevertheless, you have to think that they let an opportunity slip away here.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce final roster cuts to get to 53
- Rams cut Sam, 1st drafted openly gay player
- NFL rules on Redskins S Meriweather's suspension appeal
- Redskins' Forbath survives rookie Hocker's challenge
- After a big round of cuts, Redskins' roster is coming together
- Big surprises at running back for the Redskins
- 5 under the radar Redskins who will be playmakers in 2014
- McCoy: 'I think this offense fits me well' (VIDEO)
- ICYMI: Ride alongs, dancing, and velour track suit
- Washington Redskins roster cuts tracker