Oct 9, 2005, 7:46 PM EDT
Still plenty of time to overcome an 11-point deficit. I want them, though, to flash up on the screen what Shanahan’s record is when is team has a lead of 10+ points in the fourth quarter.
If the Redskins can get a turnover, they will win. If not, they won’t.
Ade Jimoh with a game-saving play on Lelie. Good job,.
That blocked punt could have the same effect as a turnover. Could, mind you, I still think the Skins will need a regulation takeaway if they’re going to take this one. But the blocked punt does improve the chances greatly.
Huge non-catch by Thrash on that punt. It would have been a tough catch in the rain and I’m not necessarily blaming him as it would have been very risky play to make. Still, Thrash does almost everything right and that wasn’t one of those plays.
Flags going the Redskins’ way. Not sure that they’ll be able to take advantage, but they’re being given—and given is the apt term here—some good opportunities.
Win or lose, the Redskins have shown their mettle in this game. Cliché time here—there ain’t an ounce of give-up in them.
A tipped ball away. 94 yards to score, they can’t get another two yards to tie it. Still in first place in the division, I think that before the year started anyone would take 3-1 at the quarter mark of the season.
Nevertheless, you have to think that they let an opportunity slip away here.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Kirk Cousins on long-term deal: 'I want to go out and earn it'
- 3 things to know about Redskins first round pick Josh Doctson
- 'Grateful,' 'Proud' and 'Too blessed:' Rookies are thrilled to be Redskins
- Cravens to accept "challenge," wear Sean Taylor's rookie number
- Toughness, versatility the keys to Redskins’ 2016 draft class.
- Josh Norman quickly acclimates to D.C. - attends White House Correspondents Dinner
- VIDEO: Josh Norman slyly exits dance circle at Redskins draft party
- Playmaker yes, but playing time questions for Redskins Su'a Cravens
- Redskins trade down in fourth round
- Redskins' last pick in draft is speedy Georgia running back