Dec 21, 2004, 6:45 AM EDT
If you read Tuesday’s papers, you will be told something that you already know. In the Post you’ll “discover” that In Weak NFC, 5-9 Redskins Still Have Shot at Playoffs
Despite their 5-9 record the Washington Redskins remain alive for a playoff berth, although they will need help from the rest of the NFC to get in. Any postseason chance hinges on Washington winning its final two games — at Dallas and at home against Minnesota.
Hmmm, where have we heard this before, as long ago as Sunday morning? Let me think. . .oh, yeah, it was right here! Joseph White of the AP has written a similar article to the one in the Post and others will follow. While not in any detail, the scenario was mentioned on PTI on Tuesday evening. None of this happened until I forwarded the playoff-related blog entries from here to a few of the beat writers. Maybe they would have come up with it on their own eventually, but when?
So, I hope you discussed your new-found knowledge from here at the water cooler at the office on Monday because by Tuesday those playoff scenarios will be known by the masses. This blog is becoming a must-read for many Redskins fans and this is one of the reasons why.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Redskins vs. Lions final thoughts—A big day for Jones?
- Enemy Intel: Around the NFL, Week 7—Giants boot away any claim the high ground
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season