Dec 21, 2004, 6:45 AM EST
If you read Tuesday’s papers, you will be told something that you already know. In the Post you’ll “discover” that In Weak NFC, 5-9 Redskins Still Have Shot at Playoffs
Despite their 5-9 record the Washington Redskins remain alive for a playoff berth, although they will need help from the rest of the NFC to get in. Any postseason chance hinges on Washington winning its final two games — at Dallas and at home against Minnesota.
Hmmm, where have we heard this before, as long ago as Sunday morning? Let me think. . .oh, yeah, it was right here! Joseph White of the AP has written a similar article to the one in the Post and others will follow. While not in any detail, the scenario was mentioned on PTI on Tuesday evening. None of this happened until I forwarded the playoff-related blog entries from here to a few of the beat writers. Maybe they would have come up with it on their own eventually, but when?
So, I hope you discussed your new-found knowledge from here at the water cooler at the office on Monday because by Tuesday those playoff scenarios will be known by the masses. This blog is becoming a must-read for many Redskins fans and this is one of the reasons why.
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson criticizes 'naïve' Eagles defense
- Redskins 27, Eagles 24 thoughts and observations
- Jay Gruden 'impressed' with RG3's performance
- Bashaud Breeland comes up big with fourth quarter pick
- Rookie LB Trent Murphy injures hand in Eagles game
- #RedskinsTalk crew sings RG3-themed Christmas carol
- Trent Williams fights through injury-riddled game
- RG3 after victory: 'This win’s about this team'
- Chip Kelly, Eagles fall prey to RG3, DeSean Jackson
- DeSean: 'Kick that bird [bleep] outta here!'