Dec 20, 2004, 6:33 PM EDT
In his Morning After Week 15 piece on ESPN.com, Len Pasquarelli quotes an NFL scout as saying:
‘There are a lot of mid-level players who have helped themselves in the free agent market for next spring and one of them is (Washington) linebacker Antonio Pierce. Yeah, I know, teams aren’t going to pay big money for a middle ‘backer, and a guy who was just a special teams player before this year. But, you watch, Pierce will get a decent deal from somebody who wants a guy who is pretty active and who has demonstrated he’s more than just a run-stuffer.’
It’s hard to disagree. The Skins need to lock him up before the end of the season and perhaps jettison Michael Barrow. Reports are that a deal between the club and Pierce is getting close. This would be a good sign of stability from a team that has simply undergone too much change in recent seasons to be successful.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Minnifield joins CB depth chart muddled by Hall injury
- DeAngelo Hall's worst fear is confirmed
- OPEN THREAD: Adjusting to life without DeAngelo Hall
- Did the Redskins run the ball enough in the loss to the Eagles?
- Kerrigan, Orakpo disappointed in Redskins' defensive effort (VIDEO)
- Redskins-Eagles game notes including racking up the yards
- Fantasy Fix: Pitta, running backs headline injury report
- Cousins' 1st start of 2014 brought lots of good, some bad
- DeSean Jackson's return to Philly is an eventful one
- Week 3 fantasy roundup: Colts have all the Luck