Dec 20, 2004, 6:33 PM EDT
In his Morning After Week 15 piece on ESPN.com, Len Pasquarelli quotes an NFL scout as saying:
‘There are a lot of mid-level players who have helped themselves in the free agent market for next spring and one of them is (Washington) linebacker Antonio Pierce. Yeah, I know, teams aren’t going to pay big money for a middle ‘backer, and a guy who was just a special teams player before this year. But, you watch, Pierce will get a decent deal from somebody who wants a guy who is pretty active and who has demonstrated he’s more than just a run-stuffer.’
It’s hard to disagree. The Skins need to lock him up before the end of the season and perhaps jettison Michael Barrow. Reports are that a deal between the club and Pierce is getting close. This would be a good sign of stability from a team that has simply undergone too much change in recent seasons to be successful.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Dan Snyder once gave Jerry Jones some wild advice
- Keenan Robinson has encouraging words for Brian Orakpo
- Week 8 fantasy rankings: Don't sleep on Calvin Johnson
- Jason Hatcher balances emotions in return to Dallas
- Griffin could be out until after Redskins' bye
- OPEN THREAD: Can the Redskins slow DeMarco Murray?
- Gruden happy with progress of young players on defense
- Gruden avoiding mistakes of 2013 in handling Griffin rehab
- Who will the Redskins start at QB Monday night?
- Redskins Park notes and quotes--McCoy wouldn't trade his past experiences