Dec 11, 2004, 1:48 AM EDT
You can reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich Tandler is the author of Gut Check, The Complete History of Coach Joe Gibbs’ Washington Redskins. Get details and order at http://GutCheckBook.com
I have been emailed my ballot for The Quarterback Club’s Redskins Player of the Year Award. This is not necessarily the “official” team MVP, but it’s fairly significant. Before I fill my ballot out, I’d like to get your opinions.
First of all, if I was the kind of person who didn’t vote as a sign of protest, I would be inclined to do so here. Clinton Portis is not on the ballot and he should be. When he gains over 100 yards on the ground, the Redskins win. And this is not one of those deals like it was with Riggins where the Redskins had a big lead and Riggo got over 100 running out the clock in the fourth quarter. Portis getting 100 yards is not the result of the Redskins having the lead, the Skins having the lead is the result of Portis’ running. I’m not necessarily saying that I would vote for him, but he should be on the ballot.
But I’m not the type of person to vote for “none of the above” and I’ll respect the organization that works hard to put all of this together. Besides, the four Redskins nominated are all outstanding players and good Redskins as well. The nominated players are:
- Cornelius Griffin
- Antonio Pierce
- Fred Smoot
- Shawn Springs
The instructions on the ballot are to give first through fourth-place votes for the players. While it doesn’t say so, I would assume that there is some sort of point system with each first place vote being worth four points, second three, and so on.
Certainly, I have my ideas as to how I will cast my ballot. But I’d like to give all of you the opportunity to have your input and see if you can sway my votes.
Email, post at the message board of the site that this blog proudly calls home, WarpathInsiders.com, or comment at the blog’s mirror site. The addresses for the first and last methods are at the top of this post.
Just to make it clear, I’m not necessarily going to vote according to the wishes of those of you who respond, but I’d certainly like to get your input before I fill out the ballot.
The ballot is due on Monday at noon EST, so get your views in before then!
Follow Us On Twitter
- On eve of Redskins training camp, Kerrigan describes Galette injury 'shocking' and 'heartbreaking'
- Ranking the Redskins Part 5 (53-6): Filling the hole left by Galette's injury
- Conflicting reports on whether Redskins are considering Greg Hardy
- Finlay: Excited to take over as Redskins Insider
- Bashaud Breeland leads pack of tiny bulldogs into Redskins camp
- Loss of Jarrett to injury will have long term effects on Redskins defense
- OPEN THREAD: Loss of Junior Galette not cause for panic - right?
- Need to Know: 5 Redskins with a lot to prove as training camp approaches
- DeAngelo Hall to be inducted into Virginia Tech Hall of Fame
- Redskins' outside LB depth chart looking thin after Galette injury