Dec 9, 2004, 2:16 AM EST
OK, I promise to stop with any and all playoff scenario talk until after Sunday, at which point it either will cease because the Redskins will have lost and will be out of it or it will explode because it will have become significantly more realistic. Until then, one point:
It really doesn’t matter what Dallas does in any of their games besides their Dec. 26 contest against the Redskins. If they win that game, the Redskins are out of it. If the Redskins win it, Dallas can finish no better than 8-8 and an 8-8 Redskins team would have them eliminated on tiebreakers. So, there’s really nothing at stake in the Dallas-New Orleans game on Sunday because of that and the fact that New Orleans already has 8 losses and, again, Washington wins all tiebreakers against them if they’re both 8-8.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' RG3: 'We are not a fragmented team'
- Redskins DL Bowen out 6 months after surgery
- RG3: Redskins have 'a winning recipe'
- Redskins OL Maurice Hurt to season-ending IR
- Redskins injury list grows longer
- Redskins' offense losing steam in second half
- After knocking him down, Tuck gives RG3 a lift.
- Where are we? The state of the Redskins after 12 games
- RG3 taking too many hits according to Rolle
- OPEN THREAD: Players need to prove themselves