Dec 9, 2004, 2:16 AM EDT
OK, I promise to stop with any and all playoff scenario talk until after Sunday, at which point it either will cease because the Redskins will have lost and will be out of it or it will explode because it will have become significantly more realistic. Until then, one point:
It really doesn’t matter what Dallas does in any of their games besides their Dec. 26 contest against the Redskins. If they win that game, the Redskins are out of it. If the Redskins win it, Dallas can finish no better than 8-8 and an 8-8 Redskins team would have them eliminated on tiebreakers. So, there’s really nothing at stake in the Dallas-New Orleans game on Sunday because of that and the fact that New Orleans already has 8 losses and, again, Washington wins all tiebreakers against them if they’re both 8-8.
Follow Us On Twitter
- The cost of moving on from RG3
- REPORT: Snyder, McCloughan on same page regarding RG3
- WWE legend Jim Ross cuts awesome promo for Trent Williams
- Redskins unlikely to be in a hurry to resolve QB situation
- End game? Per report, RG3 finished as starting QB
- El-Bashir: Gruden needs to make a move, now
- Kirk Cousins looks good after rocky start, but is it enough?
- Bubble watch version 6.0: Predicting the Redskins’ 53-man roster
- Jones, Crowder continue strong preseason against Ravens
- Gruden refutes report regarding starting QB decision