Dec 9, 2004, 2:16 AM EST
OK, I promise to stop with any and all playoff scenario talk until after Sunday, at which point it either will cease because the Redskins will have lost and will be out of it or it will explode because it will have become significantly more realistic. Until then, one point:
It really doesn’t matter what Dallas does in any of their games besides their Dec. 26 contest against the Redskins. If they win that game, the Redskins are out of it. If the Redskins win it, Dallas can finish no better than 8-8 and an 8-8 Redskins team would have them eliminated on tiebreakers. So, there’s really nothing at stake in the Dallas-New Orleans game on Sunday because of that and the fact that New Orleans already has 8 losses and, again, Washington wins all tiebreakers against them if they’re both 8-8.
Follow Us On Twitter
- REPORT: Texans not interested in Shanahan
- Business as usual today at Redskins Park?
- Redskins' 3-10 record worst in 19 years
- (VIDEO) RG3 tired of constant media reports
- OPEN THREAD: What's the biggest distraction?
- Redskins say special teams struggles are about 'effort'
- (VIDEO) RG3 not concerned about losing starting job
- Redskins' Griffin frustrated over continuing controversy
- Despite blowout, Chiefs don't question Redskins effort
- Is Mike Shanahan getting ready to make a change at quarterback?