Dec 9, 2004, 2:16 AM EST
OK, I promise to stop with any and all playoff scenario talk until after Sunday, at which point it either will cease because the Redskins will have lost and will be out of it or it will explode because it will have become significantly more realistic. Until then, one point:
It really doesn’t matter what Dallas does in any of their games besides their Dec. 26 contest against the Redskins. If they win that game, the Redskins are out of it. If the Redskins win it, Dallas can finish no better than 8-8 and an 8-8 Redskins team would have them eliminated on tiebreakers. So, there’s really nothing at stake in the Dallas-New Orleans game on Sunday because of that and the fact that New Orleans already has 8 losses and, again, Washington wins all tiebreakers against them if they’re both 8-8.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Fantasy Fix Week 14: Morris more start than sit
- Redskins' rookie Amerson aims to finish strong
- Did Giants show how to stop Redskins' rushing attack?
- Need to Know: A look at 5 Redskins numbers
- (VIDEO) Mike Shanahan continues coaching and evaluating
- (VIDEO) Should fantasy owners start Alfred Morris?
- Chiefs' Poe could give Redskins big problems
- Redskins TE Jordan Reed listed as questionable
- Point-Counterpoint: Biggest surprise, disappointment
- Game preview: Chiefs at Redskins