Dec 3, 2004, 12:55 PM EDT
In last week’s Gameblog (which, by the way, won’t be going the next two weeks as I go to the home games) I asked, “Who are these guys” when watching the play of Ryan Boschetti and Chris Clemons agains the Steelers. Paul Woody answered my questions in this morning’s Times-Dispatch
“Ryan Boschetti, for instance, is a rookie free agent. When he finished at UCLA, no one believed he was worth a draft choice. The Redskins signed him, but then didn’t believe he was worth a roster spot when training camp ended, and they cut him. But they did put him on their practice squad.
And last week, when the Redskins had two roster spots open, Boschetti was promoted to fill one of them.
Sunday against Pittsburgh, the team many think is the class of the NFL this season, Boschetti had four tackles.
Chris Clemons, who spent last year on the Redskins’ injured reserve list, then was cut in training camp this season, was on the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad for six weeks. Facing a shortage of linebackers with Mike Barrow on injured reserve and LaVar Arrington out with a knee problem, the Redskins offered Clemons a job.
He accepted. Sunday against Pittsburgh, Clemons had a sack and a quarterback pressure.”
Those two players, along with such Pro Bowl perennials as Joe Salave’a, Brandon Noble, Demetric Evans and Lemar Marshall, are major contributors on the NFL’s second-ranked defense.
Gregg Williams and his staff have done some amazing work.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Minnifield joins CB depth chart muddled by Hall injury
- DeAngelo Hall's worst fear is confirmed
- OPEN THREAD: Adjusting to life without DeAngelo Hall
- Did the Redskins run the ball enough in the loss to the Eagles?
- Kerrigan, Orakpo disappointed in Redskins' defensive effort (VIDEO)
- Redskins-Eagles game notes including racking up the yards
- Fantasy Fix: Pitta, running backs headline injury report
- Cousins' 1st start of 2014 brought lots of good, some bad
- DeSean Jackson's return to Philly is an eventful one
- Week 3 fantasy roundup: Colts have all the Luck