Dec 3, 2004, 1:25 PM EDT
There was more on the Giants’ injury situation in theNew York Daily News:
“With DE Chuck Wiley on injured reserve with a torn ACL, the Giants signed veteran Regan Upshaw, a 6-4, 265-pounder who was with the Redskins last season and played six games for Coughlin in Jacksonville in 1999. They also waived OL Marques Sullivan and activated DT Davern Williams from the practice squad.
Wiley is the 12th player to be placed on injured reserve by the Giants – the same number they had all of last season, which led Coughlin to call the situation a ‘cancer’ that ‘has to be corrected.’
The truth is, the ‘injury factor,’ as he called it, has gotten worse under Coughlin and there’s still a long way to go. The Giants have actually already lost 13 players for the season when you count G Rich Seubert, who is on the physically-unable-to-perform list. And there is a chance that number will increase to 14 if they decide the swelling in DE Lorenzo Bromell’s knee is bad enough to end his season, too.”
The Redskins have eight players in IR. Three of them were projected starters in Jon Jansen, Matt Bowen, and Mike Barrow plus reserves and role players John Simon, Khary Campbell, Andre Lott, Chad Morton, and Dennard Wilson.
Follow Us On Twitter
- 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' Episode 2 recap: No more secrets
- Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall updates his rehab
- Former Redskins QB Donovan McNabb arrested for DUI
- Almost rock bottom for RG3 quarterback ranking
- Redskins preseason Q&A: What will the QB depth chart look like?
- Redskins position preview: Left tackle
- Matich not buying Haynesworth's latest excuse
- Day in the Life: Pierre Garçon goes hard. Real hard.
- Best of the Best (Round 2): Bobby Mitchell vs. Art Monk
- Best of the Best (Round 2): John Riggins vs. Sean Taylor