Dec 3, 2004, 1:25 PM EDT
There was more on the Giants’ injury situation in theNew York Daily News:
“With DE Chuck Wiley on injured reserve with a torn ACL, the Giants signed veteran Regan Upshaw, a 6-4, 265-pounder who was with the Redskins last season and played six games for Coughlin in Jacksonville in 1999. They also waived OL Marques Sullivan and activated DT Davern Williams from the practice squad.
Wiley is the 12th player to be placed on injured reserve by the Giants – the same number they had all of last season, which led Coughlin to call the situation a ‘cancer’ that ‘has to be corrected.’
The truth is, the ‘injury factor,’ as he called it, has gotten worse under Coughlin and there’s still a long way to go. The Giants have actually already lost 13 players for the season when you count G Rich Seubert, who is on the physically-unable-to-perform list. And there is a chance that number will increase to 14 if they decide the swelling in DE Lorenzo Bromell’s knee is bad enough to end his season, too.”
The Redskins have eight players in IR. Three of them were projected starters in Jon Jansen, Matt Bowen, and Mike Barrow plus reserves and role players John Simon, Khary Campbell, Andre Lott, Chad Morton, and Dennard Wilson.
Follow Us On Twitter
- OPEN THREAD: Can Amerson, Breeland slow down Dez Bryant?
- With Riley on the mend, Will Compton could return to bench
- Breeland plans to get physical with Cowboys' Bryant
- Brian Westbrook talks Alfred Morris, DeMarco Murray, and the Ravens
- Trent Murphy looking to become playmaker for Redskins
- How has McCoy's relationship with Cousins, RG3 changed?
- Hatcher: 'No extra emotions involved, just another game'
- Gruden tries to fuel Redskins-Cowboys rivalry
- Gruden: Riley will reclaim starting job when healthy
- Gruden: 'Odds are Colt will be the starter'