Dec 3, 2004, 1:25 PM EST
There was more on the Giants’ injury situation in theNew York Daily News:
“With DE Chuck Wiley on injured reserve with a torn ACL, the Giants signed veteran Regan Upshaw, a 6-4, 265-pounder who was with the Redskins last season and played six games for Coughlin in Jacksonville in 1999. They also waived OL Marques Sullivan and activated DT Davern Williams from the practice squad.
Wiley is the 12th player to be placed on injured reserve by the Giants – the same number they had all of last season, which led Coughlin to call the situation a ‘cancer’ that ‘has to be corrected.’
The truth is, the ‘injury factor,’ as he called it, has gotten worse under Coughlin and there’s still a long way to go. The Giants have actually already lost 13 players for the season when you count G Rich Seubert, who is on the physically-unable-to-perform list. And there is a chance that number will increase to 14 if they decide the swelling in DE Lorenzo Bromell’s knee is bad enough to end his season, too.”
The Redskins have eight players in IR. Three of them were projected starters in Jon Jansen, Matt Bowen, and Mike Barrow plus reserves and role players John Simon, Khary Campbell, Andre Lott, Chad Morton, and Dennard Wilson.
Follow Us On Twitter
- John Riggins joins STL on the 32nd anniversary of Super Bowl XVII
- Former Eagles coach shares memories of competing with Joe Gibbs
- Catch John Riggins on SportsTalk Live tonight at 10 p.m.!
- Will the Redskins hold on to NT Cofield?
- 2015 Redskins position outlook: Defensive line
- Redskins 2015 salary cap outlook: Defensive line
- Wings, pizza, queso: What's the best Super Bowl snack?
- Looking at Redskins GM Scot McCloughan's first-round picks with 49ers
- How can the Redskins build a Super Bowl quality O-line?
- As Deflategate rolls on, allegations against more NFL coaches emerge