Dec 3, 2004, 1:25 PM EDT
There was more on the Giants’ injury situation in theNew York Daily News:
“With DE Chuck Wiley on injured reserve with a torn ACL, the Giants signed veteran Regan Upshaw, a 6-4, 265-pounder who was with the Redskins last season and played six games for Coughlin in Jacksonville in 1999. They also waived OL Marques Sullivan and activated DT Davern Williams from the practice squad.
Wiley is the 12th player to be placed on injured reserve by the Giants – the same number they had all of last season, which led Coughlin to call the situation a ‘cancer’ that ‘has to be corrected.’
The truth is, the ‘injury factor,’ as he called it, has gotten worse under Coughlin and there’s still a long way to go. The Giants have actually already lost 13 players for the season when you count G Rich Seubert, who is on the physically-unable-to-perform list. And there is a chance that number will increase to 14 if they decide the swelling in DE Lorenzo Bromell’s knee is bad enough to end his season, too.”
The Redskins have eight players in IR. Three of them were projected starters in Jon Jansen, Matt Bowen, and Mike Barrow plus reserves and role players John Simon, Khary Campbell, Andre Lott, Chad Morton, and Dennard Wilson.
Follow Us On Twitter
- How to describe Pierre Garçon: Tough, fearless, competitor
- Cousins so excited, he just can't hide it after beating Eagles
- Jordan Reed diagnosed with concussion vs. Eagles
- After a win, Kerrigan OK with jokes about missed sacks, kinda
- Redskins vs. Eagles: The good, the bad, and the ugly
- Cousins says comeback showed his progress as a quarterback
- How Cousins managed to get it done this time vs. Eagles
- Redskins-Eagles: 5 things we learned in Washington's win
- New threat emerges as Redskins backfield grows from two to three-headed monster
- Garcon: 'Kirk is definitely growing'