Nov 28, 2004, 7:29 PM EDT
The Redskins WR’s seem to be too worried about getting the PI flag and not worried enough about catching the ball anyway. They’re making the throwing the flag motion after almost every pass.
Redskins get second-half kickoff. If they’re going to get back into it, now’s the time.
Cowher is 86-1-1 when his team has been leading by at least 11 points at any time during the game.
Tell you what, assume that a Redskins possession is a three and out, like the one just concluded to open the second half. Figure it’s draw, dropped pass, and sack; I’ll let you know if anything else happens.
I just isn’t going the Redskins’ way. Washington is so free blitzing in on Ben that he just overruns him and the pass is completed to Ward for a first. It was Ward’s first catch.
Skins get 15 in their direction. Steelers downed a punt inside the five, but one of them threw the ball at Lemar Marshall, drawing the flag. They’ll start at around the 20.
After McCants has his hands on a long one (would have been a spectacular catch). Cooley takes a shot but holds on to a pass for a first down. That’s about four catches for him.
Betts breaks a 26-yard run on second and one. It went off the right side behind Wilson. They follow it up with a false start, naturally. He’s running well from scrimmage as he picks up a second and two.
Pass to Coles sets up first and goal at the three. This just in, receivers are catching the ball and not having to beg for flags.
After a PI sets up first and goal at the one, Skins will go for it on fourth and goal at the one and a half after a timeout. Two dives with Betts went nowhere and then Ramsey overthrew Kozlowski whi was wide open down the middle.
TD pass over the middle to Cooley. Drive 79 yards, 14 plays, 13-7 with 3:23 left in the third.
That drive provided a much-needed rest for the defense, it looked like Bettis was starting to wear them down a little.
Roethlisberger is mixing in some good plays with some rookie ones. The pass rush doesn’t seem to rattle him, but it is hurrying him somewhat.
He was hurried on a third and five play and threw incomplete. Skins’ ball at the 25.
Portis ran for seven on first down, then is replaced by Betts. Portis has just six carries for 17 yards through three quarters. Betts carries for two then one but is an inch or two short of the first. Oops, another three and out.
Steelers ball second and four at their own 21 at the end of the third.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions