Nov 28, 2004, 7:29 PM EDT
The Redskins WR’s seem to be too worried about getting the PI flag and not worried enough about catching the ball anyway. They’re making the throwing the flag motion after almost every pass.
Redskins get second-half kickoff. If they’re going to get back into it, now’s the time.
Cowher is 86-1-1 when his team has been leading by at least 11 points at any time during the game.
Tell you what, assume that a Redskins possession is a three and out, like the one just concluded to open the second half. Figure it’s draw, dropped pass, and sack; I’ll let you know if anything else happens.
I just isn’t going the Redskins’ way. Washington is so free blitzing in on Ben that he just overruns him and the pass is completed to Ward for a first. It was Ward’s first catch.
Skins get 15 in their direction. Steelers downed a punt inside the five, but one of them threw the ball at Lemar Marshall, drawing the flag. They’ll start at around the 20.
After McCants has his hands on a long one (would have been a spectacular catch). Cooley takes a shot but holds on to a pass for a first down. That’s about four catches for him.
Betts breaks a 26-yard run on second and one. It went off the right side behind Wilson. They follow it up with a false start, naturally. He’s running well from scrimmage as he picks up a second and two.
Pass to Coles sets up first and goal at the three. This just in, receivers are catching the ball and not having to beg for flags.
After a PI sets up first and goal at the one, Skins will go for it on fourth and goal at the one and a half after a timeout. Two dives with Betts went nowhere and then Ramsey overthrew Kozlowski whi was wide open down the middle.
TD pass over the middle to Cooley. Drive 79 yards, 14 plays, 13-7 with 3:23 left in the third.
That drive provided a much-needed rest for the defense, it looked like Bettis was starting to wear them down a little.
Roethlisberger is mixing in some good plays with some rookie ones. The pass rush doesn’t seem to rattle him, but it is hurrying him somewhat.
He was hurried on a third and five play and threw incomplete. Skins’ ball at the 25.
Portis ran for seven on first down, then is replaced by Betts. Portis has just six carries for 17 yards through three quarters. Betts carries for two then one but is an inch or two short of the first. Oops, another three and out.
Steelers ball second and four at their own 21 at the end of the third.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Ranking the Redskins roster: 53-41
- Ranking the Redskins 2016 roster: 53-41
- Over/under: Josh Docton's rookie season with the Redskins
- Redskins position preview: Expectations for Scherff are sky high
- Need to Know: Luck's extension was no surprise to Redskins, Cousins
- How many tight ends will the Redskins carry on 53-man roster?
- Fact or Fiction: Redskins’ special teams units will continue to improve
- Josh Norman earns respect from peers, sets new 'Top 100' standard for Redskins
- A $20 million yearly average is now the floor for a Cousins deal
- Need to Know: Are the Cowboys the Redskins' biggest threat in the NFC East?