Nov 28, 2004, 6:42 PM EDT
I’m going to go ahead and post this during commercials, and have the title read “in progress” until the quarter is over.
Another big punt return by Randle El, this one 43 yards, so Pitt starts in Washington territory again at the 40. Steelers convert a fourth down after a nice ankle takcle by Taylor on Roethisberger set up a fourth and short. Redskins had 12 on field, but Bettis made it anyway.
Big Ben is not sharp at all, he is missing on some fairly easy passes.
Steelers get a TD after a dumpoff to Bettis gets them to the our and the Bus takes it in on the next play. That’s 10 points set up by two punt returns. Need to kick away from Randle El. Better yet, need to put together a drive and not have to punt at all.
The great WR screen is back as Coles snares one for two yards.
Gardner needs to catch balls that are in his hands. He just dropped a first down pass on third and eight. Another punt, but Betts wraps R-E up on this one.
Pressure on Ben is diminishing, but he’s still not very accurate. They’re forcing him to throw from the pocket.
Nice third and ten pickup by Steelers. Pull off a screen against the blitz, Roethlisberger (forgive me if I misspell that one on the fly a time or two) had a nice sidearmed throw to the back and they picked up 25.
Taylor flagged for another personal foul, costing the Redskins 15 and giving the Steelers a first down instead of third and five. It was barely a bump, but the guy has a reputation now so he got the laundry thrown on the field. Sets up a 36-yard FG to make it 13-0.
It’s hard to say this, but Ledell Betts returning kickoffs makes one nostalgic for Chad Morton.
Coles limped off the field, will update when it becomes available. My speculation is hamstring injury.
Gardner picks up a first then drops a bomb. Tough catch on the long one, but he needs to make that catch.
Dumpoff to Betts picks up 20 to the Steeler 41 at the two-minute warning. It looked like the defender fell down; will take anything we can get.
Coles is back in. He dropped one, seemed to be too worried about drawing a PI flag.
Sack on second down follows.
Redskins will go for it on fourth and three at the 37 after timeout. Thrash may have been interfered with, but he still should have caught the pass from Ramsey.
Dropped pass count so far is four.
Follow Us On Twitter
- This Redskins rookie and his girlfriend have the best pregame ritual
- Gruden, Bruton, Golston and Jean-Francois all discuss Colin Kaepernick
- It appears that Josh Doctson is returning, according to a tweet of his
- Redskins claim ex-Hokie, former Broncos pick to shore up OL depth
- Redskins' Cullen Jenkins will need to get up to speed in a hurry
- Gruden hints that Josh Doctson could be ready for Redskins in Week 1 against Steelers
- With addition of Cullen Jenkins, whose job is on the line?
- Redskins Playbook - Practice for Josh Doctson?
- Redskins sign defensive end Cullen Jenkins, per reports
- Paul Kruger released from Browns - Could the former Raven help the Redskins?