Nov 28, 2004, 6:07 PM EDT
Sack leads to a three and out for Pittsburgh’s first series. Roethisberger rolled out on third down but missed on the pass.
Ramsey harried by blitz on second and third downs and Skins go three and out. Need to find a way to slow down the blitz. It looked like they had a nice draw set up to Portis on second and seven, but Coles moved.
From Pittsburgh five, Redskins line up with 4 DL and 4 LB, stop Bettis on first down. They get out of trouble, though, with a 27-yard pass to Randle El. (In case you didn’t hear, they decided to make Staley inactive about an hour before game time).
Who are these guys? Chris Clemons makes a sack on third down (he’s a linebacker just signed when Barrow went on IR). That was after Boeschetti tackled Bettis on second down. I’d double check the spelling on the latter’s name, but he’s not listed on the roster in this morning’s paper.
Another three and out for Redskins; the familiar old three-yard pass on third and six.
Marcus Washington made a TD-saving tackle at the end of a 60-yard Randle El punt return. The Steelers do muster a field goal to take a 3-0 lead. The way the Redskin offense is playing, that lead could hold up.
Portis is running hard, but he needs to slip a tackle; as aggressive as the Pitt defense is, he could go a long way.
Redskins get initial first down on a pass interference. Following that, Ramsey is sacked and fumbles, but Redskins recover on the last play of the first quarter.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Could Leonard Williams be on the board when the Redskins pick?
- 25 Redskins questions: Who will be the third-down back?
- Who's the favorite to be the Redskins' top pick?
- Redskins draft board: Cornerback
- If your favorite draft prospect hasn't visited Redskins Park don't worry
- OPEN THREAD: Will Adrian Peterson end up with the Cowboys?
- 25 Redskins questions: More special teams improvement in 2015?
- NFL reinstates Adrian Peterson from suspension
- Report: Redskins to host USC's Leonard Williams
- More defense in the draft for the Redskins?