Nov 23, 2004, 2:32 AM EDT
Dan Daly hits the nail on the head more often than any columnist out there who covers the Redskins. I like Wilbon and Boswell OK, but the former is a TV star with an agenda and Bears fan to boot, and the latter is one of the best baseball writers in the business who occasionally scores some good points about football. (And I don’t say that because Daly has said nice things about my books and occasionally throws me a plug in his Sunday columns.)
Daly is a football guy, he’s written a book or two about the history of the game and he just gets it. He’s not a self-promoter; you don’t find him putting his name out to be on this or that radio call in show. And he’s probably been to more Redskins games over the past decade or so than any other beat writer or columnist covering the team. Others have come and gone, and the “stars” like Wilbon cover other events like the World Series during the football season. But there’s Daly, game after game, building an encyclopedic knowledge of the team.
The only problem with his column on Monday was that it left me with nothing to amplify, clarify, or expound upon. If it’s live, follow the link above. If not, go to http://washingtontimes.com/sports and click on the Dan Daly link. Here’s the conclusion:
They’re such a study in contrasts, the Redskins are. The defense attacks, attacks, attacks, and the offense assumes the fetal position almost from the first snap. But at least the right quarterback is on the field now. We have that to be thankful for this week.
A little short on time today, I’ll take a look at my Eagles game predictions (which, unfortunately, will earn a good number of buckets) tomorrow.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Three Redskins up, three down from a year ago
- Is Joe Flacco the best player on the Ravens and the Redskins?
- Chick Hernandez considers RG3 one of the biggest hurdles for Skins in 2016
- Redskins position preview: Defensive line
- Loss to Ryan’s Eagles spurred Gibbs, Redskins to last title
- Need to Know: Ranking the Redskins' rookies—Who will have the most impact in 2016?
- Kirk Cousins talks hand size, marvels at Russell Wilson
- Report: Former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan to host Donald Trump fundraiser
- 'Full steam ahead' - Kirk Cousins focused on football, not contracts
- Redskins position preview: Outside linebackers