Nov 23, 2004, 2:32 AM EST
Dan Daly hits the nail on the head more often than any columnist out there who covers the Redskins. I like Wilbon and Boswell OK, but the former is a TV star with an agenda and Bears fan to boot, and the latter is one of the best baseball writers in the business who occasionally scores some good points about football. (And I don’t say that because Daly has said nice things about my books and occasionally throws me a plug in his Sunday columns.)
Daly is a football guy, he’s written a book or two about the history of the game and he just gets it. He’s not a self-promoter; you don’t find him putting his name out to be on this or that radio call in show. And he’s probably been to more Redskins games over the past decade or so than any other beat writer or columnist covering the team. Others have come and gone, and the “stars” like Wilbon cover other events like the World Series during the football season. But there’s Daly, game after game, building an encyclopedic knowledge of the team.
The only problem with his column on Monday was that it left me with nothing to amplify, clarify, or expound upon. If it’s live, follow the link above. If not, go to http://washingtontimes.com/sports and click on the Dan Daly link. Here’s the conclusion:
They’re such a study in contrasts, the Redskins are. The defense attacks, attacks, attacks, and the offense assumes the fetal position almost from the first snap. But at least the right quarterback is on the field now. We have that to be thankful for this week.
A little short on time today, I’ll take a look at my Eagles game predictions (which, unfortunately, will earn a good number of buckets) tomorrow.
Follow Us On Twitter
- DeSean Jackson criticizes 'naïve' Eagles' defense
- Redskins 27, Eagles 24 thoughts and observations
- Jay Gruden 'impressed' with Robert Griffin III's performance
- Bashaud Breeland comes up big with fourth quarter pick
- Rookie LB Trent Murphy injures hand in Eagles game
- #RedskinsTalk crew sings RG3-themed Christmas carol
- Trent Williams fights through injury-riddled game
- RG3 after victory: 'This win’s about this team'
- Chip Kelly, Eagles fall prey to RG3, DeSean Jackson
- DeSean: 'Kick that bird [bleep] outta here!'