Nov 23, 2004, 2:32 AM EDT
Dan Daly hits the nail on the head more often than any columnist out there who covers the Redskins. I like Wilbon and Boswell OK, but the former is a TV star with an agenda and Bears fan to boot, and the latter is one of the best baseball writers in the business who occasionally scores some good points about football. (And I don’t say that because Daly has said nice things about my books and occasionally throws me a plug in his Sunday columns.)
Daly is a football guy, he’s written a book or two about the history of the game and he just gets it. He’s not a self-promoter; you don’t find him putting his name out to be on this or that radio call in show. And he’s probably been to more Redskins games over the past decade or so than any other beat writer or columnist covering the team. Others have come and gone, and the “stars” like Wilbon cover other events like the World Series during the football season. But there’s Daly, game after game, building an encyclopedic knowledge of the team.
The only problem with his column on Monday was that it left me with nothing to amplify, clarify, or expound upon. If it’s live, follow the link above. If not, go to http://washingtontimes.com/sports and click on the Dan Daly link. Here’s the conclusion:
They’re such a study in contrasts, the Redskins are. The defense attacks, attacks, attacks, and the offense assumes the fetal position almost from the first snap. But at least the right quarterback is on the field now. We have that to be thankful for this week.
A little short on time today, I’ll take a look at my Eagles game predictions (which, unfortunately, will earn a good number of buckets) tomorrow.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Morris, Redd help kids go back-to-school shopping (VIDEO)
- Fantasy Fix: Running backs dominate Week 3 waiver wire
- Wendy's Q&A: Has the defense really improved under Haslett?
- Redskins 2013 draft class already a bust
- Redskins cut ties to safety Bacarri Rambo
- Some game plan changes coming with Cousins at QB for the Redskins
- OPEN THREAD: How to prepare for McCoy, Sproles?
- Redskins snap counts vs. Jaguars--A heavy workload for Niles Paul
- Gruden says offense will not change for Cousins (VIDEO)
- Skins' confident in Cousins (VIDEO)