Nov 4, 2004, 12:39 AM EDT
The “Streak” is Over
This morning at about 11:30 Eastern time, the coincidental string involving the results of the Redskins last home game before the quadrennial Presidential elections and the results of those elections ended when John Kerry called George W. Bush to concede the election to the incumbent.
As has been chronicled ad nauseum here and elsewhere, the Skins’ loss should have foretold a Kerry win. The streak is dead. Thank God (or, more appropriately I guess, thankOhio) that we don’t have to go through hearing about all that again in four short years. I mean, Nightline sending a reporter and crew out to Redskins Park? The number on story on Olbermann’s Countdown? Come on.
And few reporters bothered to get it right; the streak involved the last home game before the election, not the last game anywhere. It got a bit ridiculous and quite annoying.
Follow Us On Twitter
- How does Gruden's style differ from Shanahan's? (VIDEO)
- Injury report: How are Redskins looking pre-camp? (VIDEO
- Springs or Smoot? Redskins Madden showdown (VIDEO)
- RGIII giving to southeast DC, 'know your why' (VIDEO)
- Wendy's Q&A: Who will be the Redskins' impact rookie?
- Fantasy Football: Top 100 preseason rankings revealed!
- Redskins depth chart analysis: Safeties
- 30 Questions: Will RG3 bounce back from a subpar 2013?
- Former McNamara standouts helping out the community (VIDEO)
- Who steps up along the offensive line for Redskins? (VIDEO)