Nov 2, 2004, 9:16 PM EDT
As many of you know, I don’t just trumpet my predictions when they are correct; I also razz them publicly when they’re off base. And that was the case this week. I’m not going to go through them one by one and award myself buckets. I’ve gone on long enough tonight. I’m giving myself two buckets out of a possible five for the lot of them.
I did get come close on the performances of the quarterbacks with Favre throwing for 289 yards and Brunell for 218. Brunell did throw for two TD’s to one for Favre and Brunell had one fewer interception.
And there’s where I made my biggest blunder. I tried to take the easy way out, but it didn’t work out that way:
Who will win? I hate to do this and I promise I’ll only use this one once or twice more this season, but the team that makes fewer turnovers will prevail. Yeah, that’s a cop out since eighty or so percent of NFL games are won by the team winning the turnover battle. Still, these teams are pretty evenly matched and that’s the deciding factor.
Of course, the Redskins won the turnover battle, getting those three picks and recovering a fumble while Green Bay got just the pair of interceptions.
The score prediction was in the ballpark; if Portis’ late touchdown counts, the final is probably very close. Still wrong winner for the wrong reasons doesn’t cut it.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins consults current and former NFL starters for advice
- Need to Know: Redskins couldn't take advantage of fumble recoveries
- Kirk Cousins is excited about Jamison Crowder's growth, Josh Doctson's potential
- Quality of Redskins' receiving corps may hinge on Doctson's learning curve
- Redskins teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new big-money contract
- Redskins' David Bruton excited to get 'first crack' at starting safety job
- Months later, Redskins ILB Perry Riley still battling foot injury
- Need to Know: Cousins talks of Redskins' need for 'sustained success'
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'