Nov 2, 2004, 9:16 PM EST
As many of you know, I don’t just trumpet my predictions when they are correct; I also razz them publicly when they’re off base. And that was the case this week. I’m not going to go through them one by one and award myself buckets. I’ve gone on long enough tonight. I’m giving myself two buckets out of a possible five for the lot of them.
I did get come close on the performances of the quarterbacks with Favre throwing for 289 yards and Brunell for 218. Brunell did throw for two TD’s to one for Favre and Brunell had one fewer interception.
And there’s where I made my biggest blunder. I tried to take the easy way out, but it didn’t work out that way:
Who will win? I hate to do this and I promise I’ll only use this one once or twice more this season, but the team that makes fewer turnovers will prevail. Yeah, that’s a cop out since eighty or so percent of NFL games are won by the team winning the turnover battle. Still, these teams are pretty evenly matched and that’s the deciding factor.
Of course, the Redskins won the turnover battle, getting those three picks and recovering a fumble while Green Bay got just the pair of interceptions.
The score prediction was in the ballpark; if Portis’ late touchdown counts, the final is probably very close. Still wrong winner for the wrong reasons doesn’t cut it.
Follow Us On Twitter
- With Davis and Allen back, Panthers will be at full strength Sunday
- Kirk Cousins fills in the blank on The Players' Tribune
- Antonio Brown catches impressive behind-the-back pass from Cousins
- Kirk: RG3 will be fine, NFCE is iconic and hot dogs are sandwiches
- Who will start at inside linebacker for the Redskins in 2016?
- Kubiak: Manning 'as good as he's looked all year'
- Only a handful of starters will be left from 2012 Redskins team
- Former Redskins K Gano hopes to deliver winning field goal in Super Bowl
- Hipster Draymond Green believed in Kirk Cousins before it was cool
- Kirk Cousins does comedic turn with 'You Like That' at the Super Bowl